Patriot Transportation Engineering (PTE) has a proven track record of completing traffic forecasts for a wide range of projects in an expedited manner. PTE has also been on the forefront of several initiatives to improve the traffic forecasting practice in North Carolina, including developing separate Am and PM design data, peak hour forecasts and development of O-D matrices for simulation studies. PTE is equally comfortable with forecasts for projects in large urban areas and rural areas without a travel demand model. PTE has the experience and capabilities to run any travel demand model in North Carolina, and have utilized the following models on forecasts:
- North Carolina Statewide Model (NCSTM)
- Metrolina Regional Model (MRM)
- Piedmont Triad Regional Model (PTRM)
- Triangle Regional Model (TRM)
- French Broad River MPO Travel Demand Model
- Greater Hickory MPO Travel Demand Model
- Jacksonville Urban Area MPO Travel Demand Model
- New Bern MPO Travel Demand Model
- Wilmington Urban Area MPO Travel Demand Model
- Elizabeth City Small Urban Model
- Rutherford Small Urban Model
Over the past four years PTE has completed traffic forecast for over 40 STIP projects with a total of 500 individual intersections.
Please see our PROJECTS Page or list of studies below to better understand our traffic forecasting capabilities.