Management & Technical Services
Patriot Transportation Engineering (PTE) has a proven track record of completing traffic forecasts for a wide range of projects in an expedited manner. PTE has also been on the forefront of several initiatives to improve the traffic forecasting practice in North Carolina, including developing separate Am and PM design data, peak hour forecasts and development of O-D matrices for simulation studies. PTE is equally comfortable with forecasts for projects in large urban areas and rural areas without a travel demand model. PTE has the experience and capabilities to run any travel demand model in North Carolina, and have utilized the following models on forecasts:
- Serving as the Program Manager for the NCDOT Strategic Transportation Initiative since 2013 and have overseen the analysis for 80 projects. PTE developed the program approach that has been carried out for three cycles on schedule despite tight deadlines to meet prescribed deadlines defined by NC Legislature.
- PTE was the primary author of the NCDOT TransModeler Simulation Guidelines and worked with the Advisory Committee to develop and implement the Guidelines.
- PTE was the primary author of the NCDOT TransModeler Volume Development Guidelines and worked with the Advisory Committee to develop and implement the Guidelines.
- PTE developed the NCDOT Congestion Management Sections Traffic Analysis Suite that provides a common location for all resources utilized by the Section.
- PTE was the lead developer of the NCDOT TransModeler Training (conducted primarily in TransModeler SE) - a 2-day training that was conducted for over 120 individuals throughout 10 classes. This included creating videos in both TransModeler and TransModeler SE for all modules of the training and providing the data set and resources for self-paced training.
- PTE was the lead developer of NCDOT standardized scope of services and manday estimating tools to allow for consistent application of the software. PT Engineering is currently developing an additional version for advanced topics such as Origin Destination Matrix Estimation, Dynamic Traffic Assignment and Managed Lanes. PT Engineering is also currently developing advanced Guidelines for each of these advanced topics.
- PTE has an on-call contract with NCDOT to review submittals for Synchro/HCS/Sidra and Transmodeler projects from other consultants with the review of 32 projects either completed or in the review process.
Please see our PROJECTS Page or list of studies below to better understand our management and technical service capabilities.